Main Menu

Latch color/finish

Started by Challenger in NC, September 13, 2021, 05:11:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

I went to the Auto Fair in Charlotte this weekend and there was a nice 70 R/T there. I was curious if the hood latch color/finish was correct? I've seen some that were like the last photo.

anlauto

The orange car appears to have grey spray paint, not correct whatsoever... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2021, 05:26:59 AM
The orange car appears to have grey spray paint, not correct whatsoever... :alan2cents:

So is the dark grey color incorrect, that it's painted or both?

JH27N0B

Eastwood makes a gray phosphate spray bomb product, I'm guess that's what was used on that hood latch mechanism.
Looks a lot better than spraying it and the spring body color like so many do, but still not OEM.
The guy who took over Jules plating business could elaborate what plating is 100% correct.

Burdar

The bottom picture is of Jules' work.  That is the correct finish.

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on September 13, 2021, 01:48:51 PM
Depending on how old the picture is...it's been 8 years since we lost Jules  :andyangel: and his good friend Stephan Fournier aka SF-RESTO took over :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2021, 05:24:33 PM
Depending on how old the picture is...it's been 8 years since we lost Jules  :andyangel: and his good friend Stephan Fournier aka SF-RESTO took over :worship:

I had heard Jules passed.  I think Moparts had a post about it.    Glad someone took over for him.    Same business model?  You send in your wiper motor, they restore it and send it back?

anlauto

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on September 17, 2021, 06:50:37 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2021, 05:24:33 PM

I had heard Jules passed.  I think Moparts had a post about it.    Glad someone took over for him.    Same business model?  You send in your wiper motor, they restore it and send it back?

Yup, pretty much I just sent him two wiper motors and all the latches etc.. for two 71 convertibles.. :twothumbsup:

wanderlustin

Various latches of mine restored by Stephan.  Phosphate on the hood latch and safety catch.  70 Challenger.