Main Menu

1970 challenger doors

Started by broughj, September 25, 2017, 06:38:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

broughj

Trying to decide if I should repair my doors that have some rust in the lower doorskin where it folds over the inner shell and several dents or buy new doors.  From what I've been able to find, AMD does not produce complete door shells.  It looks like Dynacorn does.  Not sure if there is anyone else making complete door shells.  Guess another option might be new door skins.  Does anyone have any experience with the fit of reproduction door shells or door skins?

Thanks,

John Brough

Cuda Cody

Doors to not seem hard to find out here on the west coast.  Seems like ever swap meet has a couple good doors.  And the price seems to be about $100 to $200 per good door.  I always prefer to use original metal and since the doors are not a hard item to find that is what I would suggest trying to do first.  If I could not find doors, then I would be fine using reproduction metal.  AMD does great metal, but it will all need some work to make it fit.

And Welcome to the site!  @broughj   :welcome: 

Jay Bee

Keep in mind that 1970 doors are unique, different from '71 to '74.

Also  :wave: welcome to the site.

broughj

Thanks!  Unfortunately I'm on the east coast and have not run into clean 1970 doors, although I've not looked real hard.  I have 2 driver and 2 passenger doors that each have issues in different places.  Think I'm going to try to take what I have and see if I can make two good doors out of them first.  I've already replaced a lot of sheet metal on this car with AMD stuff, so am well aware of the adjustments that must be done to get the AMD parts to fit. 

Regards,

John Brough

MoparDave

John
I have sold a few of these door shells and have had 0 complaint's.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=605&search_in_description=1&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0

I can have a set shipped to you from the California warehouse to minimize delay.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/