Main Menu

1970 challenger hood latch

Started by SteveG, February 05, 2017, 05:57:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SteveG

I have a 1970 Challenger that has a '71 brace. I was wondering if the bracket that bolts to the radiator support is the same for both, or correct for my car. It looks like I will be looking for the actual latch at some point.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SteveG

RUNCHARGER

Those things breed. I threw 6 or 7 of them out this year.

Sheldon
Sheldon

SteveG

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 05, 2017, 08:36:52 PM
Those things breed. I threw 6 or 7 of them out this year.

Sheldon

Are you throwing out the '70 style or later ones?

RUNCHARGER

Mine were 70 and 71. I advertise once and then chuck stuff when i don't need it. Too many flakes.

Sheldon
Sheldon

SF-Resto

70 Challenger hood latch is unique and very different from 71... No release lever in 1970

challenger6pak

I know this about the Challenger. I would have to look at my 70 Cuda to know if it is the same as a 70 Challenger. The 71-74 striker plate (that holds the latch) will fit 70-74. The 70 stricker plate will not fit 71-74 without modifying it.

71GranCoupe

Hard to find them anymore and see them bid to $100 and more all the time when on  :ebay: Not as rare as 71 Cuda/Barracuda, but still a hard one to find anymore.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Stephan does terrific work. Makes the "restored' silver ones look pretty amateurish.

Sheldon

anlauto

I use Stephan Fournier for all my restoration projects :worship: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration