Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT 440 4spd Rebuild Questions

Started by kent_goins, July 27, 2018, 12:58:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Hello Guys....I am back and almost done with my restoration of the 1970 Challenger. Two important questions for you...

1. The car came with a SE tailpanel and the holes in the rear panel for mounting. I am assuming it was special ordered with this panel. Can anyone tell me if this might be true or, if not, was there   never a case of a SE Panel appearing on 1970 RT Challengers from the factory? If true....I need to get this panel restored by a person capable taking some of the dents out and replating/painiting correctly. I have tried two shops for refinishing the panel and both have failed at great expense to me. Can someone help with this.

2. Item 2 is the rear quarter window chrome belt moulding specific for the 70 year Challenger. Does anyone have this? I need it for the drivers side please....and no dents.

Feel free to call if you have answers or have the items I need....And, as always, THANKS!!!

Regards,
Kent Goins
Golden, Co
405-747-8588

6bblgt

the moulding package A63 included the M31 belt mouldings & the "Astrotone" finish panel

got fender tag?

kent_goins

Thanks...that's great info. on the M31 code.  Now, do you know where I can find the chrome/stainless piece for the drivers side quarter window?

KG