Main Menu

1971 Barracuda & Gran Coupe V6X & V7X Stripes

Started by cataclysm80, September 22, 2017, 03:44:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

I'm looking for some pictures of 1971 Barracuda & Gran Coupe V6X Stripes, and I'd also like a comparison photo of V7X just to see the difference.

The pics don't actually have to be black stripes, any color will do.

V6X on 1971 'Cudas was a Billboard stripe, but on Barracudas & Gran Coupes it was a different stripe, and was available in more colors than just black and white.  It's a pretty rare stripe on the BH & BP cars.

@6bblgt  showed me a picture of it 9 years ago, but I can't seem to find the picture now.
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/109355/v6x-longitudinal-stripe-on-71-cuda.html

Here's a page from the 1971 Barracuda-Gran Coupe-Cuda Code List  (factory document)

Since it's a rare stripe, it might also be interesting to know what % of BH & BP cars were shipped with this option, if anyone has that info laying around. 

cataclysm80

Here's a bunch of pictures that might be relevant.   Are these V6 stripes or V7 stripes?
The stripes are a bit hard to see because they're small.

cataclysm80

I also notice that two of the cars pictured above have V5 side molding in addition to another stripe.
Did that really happen much?

The coding guide says that V5 deletes the standard V7 stripe on a Gran Coupe.
It also says that V6 deletes the standard V7 stripe on a Gran Coupe, and isn't available with V5.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

here are the pages from the '71 Parts Catalog for Barracuda V6_

cataclysm80

Awesome, Thanks!
For some reason, I didn't expect there to be a picture in the parts book, and didn't think to look there.

Is the 1971 V7 stripe located in the same place on the car?  I suspect that most of the pictures I posted above are the V7 pinstripes.