Main Menu

440 Magnum Hood Emblem holes

Started by Odin, August 25, 2020, 10:18:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

Hey @7E-Bodies , the way my emblem is placed on the hood is based off of your measurements. But when I measure the edge of the emblem to the corner of the hood insert, I noticed that they are 8 inches apart. On an earlier comment on that same post, there is an 383 emblem that is about 5 inches apart from the hood insert. I am not saying that your measurements are incorrect, I was just hoping someone else could verify the measurements from hood insert and perhaps the other end of the hood towards the windshield as well just for clarification before I drill in my holes.

7E-Bodies

Cant say mine are correct, yet my assumption would be so. That being said, if you find mine are wrong, I definitely want to know. Now you have me curious. I'm betting @Cuda Cody could come up with a close double check on his red RT.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Yeya93

That would be great if someone else could take a quick measurement just for assurance!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

Here's a stock factory 383 emblem.

Yeya93

Thanks for the post @Cuda Cody ! It looks like the emblem is more closer to being 5 inches away from hood insert. I'm just gonna do my best and get it as close/accurate as possible on my end.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

R/T's 4 R/P

I think front to back you may have some tolerance that no one would notice.
However, not straight or too high or too low on the bulge and it will be immediately noticeable.
Measure 5 times...drill once!
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT