Main Menu

70 Challenger 3 pin Fender emblem hole locations

Started by Marksmopar1, December 09, 2018, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marksmopar1

Hi, I am looking for the Challenger 3 pin fender emblem hole location, drivers side (left) My driver side fender does not have the holes? As well, while I am asking, would anyone also have the Pentastar  fender location for the passenger fender? I did look in the Tech section, but it mentions stick on emblems and not the hole locations.
   Much appreciated!  8)

Cuda Cody

Challenger Pentastar location is here in post one:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/

I don't think we  have the 3 holes for the fender emblem.  If someone has it we should add it to the hole location thread.

Marksmopar1

Excellent.
  Thank you for the Pentastar info..... Yes, the 3 hole measurements would be handy, with all the restos and cars apart I am sure a member has something :)  Thanks!

jt4406

:veryexcited:  Here ya go......these are from a well know restorer's website (Muscle Car Restorations) They're the measurements i used.
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jt4406

:idea:  Even with correct measurements (above measurements were reputed to be from a survivor), it's still really hard to get any pinned emblems on correctly (you see them all the time at car shows tilted, incorrectly spaced, etc ). To make that a little easier, I cut a set of  templates of the emblems out of refrigerator magnets. You can stick them to the fender, stand back and eyeball it to see where the emblem is actually gonna be. Then just mark your drill spots through the holes. Also the pins on the emblems and the stamped nuts were not really designed to be removed, since they cut their own threads when installed. Many times the stud will break off instead to the nut coming off. To alleviate this potential problem I tapped the studs and used lock washers and regular nuts (tap size 8-32). All this is just suggestions, your mileage may vary.     Jess in ky
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

6bblgt

:takepicture: I took these a few years ago

6bblgt

:takepicture: :takepicture:

anlauto

The two cars pictured are in different locations are they not ? :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

I think all the pics above will get you within 1/8" of its intended location

if you follow the lines to their origin on the trailing edge of the fender and the measurement is taken above or below the tape it will give you varying results because of the curve