Main Menu

70 Challenger 340 flat hood?

Started by RJChallenger, June 07, 2018, 09:25:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I love spending time reading most posts, I can spend hours and its amazing what your learn. Such as its rare for a 70 challenger to have a flat hood.  I bought a 70 challenger no fender tag,, no build sheet, no motor, no tranny and no seats in 1981. It had been sitting apart for 2 years then. It was rear ended, minor damage. so I don't know what parts were taken as it sat.I would like to restore it to as close to factory or at least to what it should of had. Its a 340 auto , 26" rad. with front / rear sway bars and vynle roof. So i guess my question is if you ordered the A66 package , you got a rallye hood , better leaf springs and sway bars? But not a rallye dash. What all did you get with the A66 package

Cuda Cody

Challenger 340 Performance Package = 340 4 Barrel, 11" Heavy Duty Drums Brakes, Sports Hood, Rallye Suspension, Transverse Paint Stripe (may be deleted), Scat Pack Decal on Quarter Window and 26" Radiator. Not available on SE or RT

Burdar

There is a big A66 thread on Moparts.  I seem to remember someone saying the very early cars had a flat hood but I'm not positive.  I know there was a discussion about 340 4 barrel stickers vs emblems.  Some early cars came with stickers.

RJChallenger

OK thanks guys , I may never really know the way my car was built. i have front/ rear sway bars. 043 leaf springs.It had a clutch type posi (1980)with 3.23 gears and 10" brakes on the back . Would you still get 11" drum breaks if you ordered power disk brakes

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RJChallenger on June 07, 2018, 10:54:21 AM
OK thanks guys , I may never really know the way my car was built. i have front/ rear sway bars. 043 leaf springs.It had a clutch type posi (1980)with 3.23 gears and 10" brakes on the back . Would you still get 11" drum breaks if you ordered power disk brakes

Disc brakes came with 10" rear drums in 70 except for T/A & AAR...

6bblgt

& since you have a rear sway bar, it's a late car & it would have hood "340-FOUR BARREL" emblems

RJChallenger

Thanks every one for your input . so to clarify if they hadn't ordered power disk brakes with the 340 (A66) the car would had 11" drums on the back. Correct.

6bblgt

correct w/A66:
11" drums all around (B11) with and w/o power (B51)
or
discs in front & 10" drums in rear (B41) on a '70 E-body they are all power (B51)

RJChallenger

Thanks very much for all the info. You guys are the best.

RUNCHARGER

My Oct. 69 built A-66 came with a flat hood, it had XHD suspension so no rear sway bar and 11 inch drums around, optional rallye cluster thankfully.
Sheldon

anlauto

This web site is just full of info... :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration