Main Menu

70 Challenger Pass Side Door Mirror

Started by plymouthbelvy, September 08, 2017, 10:29:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hello everyone.Looking for possibly a template so I can place a pass side door mirror.Mine did not come with it but I like the look of having both door mirrors.I bought a set of the 70 chrome mirrors and will be using them. I want to make sure I drill the holes in the exact spot. Anybody have a template? Thanks,Mike.

Cuda Cody

They use a Nutsert...

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/mounting-70-74-ebody-rally-mirrors/1628/

I thought there was a measurement for those hole somewhere on here?   :thinking:   I think they are slightly different for 70 vs 71+.  If nobody can find it I can look in the shop at my spare doors and get the measurement for you after work.

Burdar

There was a big post about this on Moparts years ago.  I think @cataclysm80 posted a lot of pictures with dimensions.

plymouthbelvy

Thanks for the info.I did buy the tool and the inserts already but not sure of actual placement of the two holes. Thought maybe someone had a template to this. I don't have a passenger door to make one off of and not sure if exact as driver side.Thanks Cody,Mike.

750-h2

I will also have to drill the holes for my passenger side mirror on my 1970 Challenger. A month ago while at a big Mopar show I did check several 1970 Challengers and the passenger side mirror location appears to be a "mirror image" from the driver side mirror. At the time I did not have a measuring tape so I cannot be 100% sure. If any members can confirm this it would be great! 

750-h2

JS29

I have A 70 challenger here  10-1/2" front screw 13-1/2 second screw! BUT they are sheet metal screw hole's NOT nutserts. the factory hole's I be-leave were nutserts!  hope this helps.    Mark.       :alan2cents:   

750-h2

Thanks for the help! Ideally measurements from a passenger door that had a factory installed mirror would be better. I really do not need any measurements if someone could confirm that the mirror location on both doors is the same. My driver door does have the factory holes and I could then use those measurements for the passenger door.

1 Wild R/T

750-h2

plymouthbelvy

Thanks all for the info.I thought they were the same as well but just wanted to make sure. Anybody have a template? Thought might be easiest if came from an original passenger side door with mirror.Thanks

plymouthbelvy

cataclysm80

Quote from: Burdar on September 08, 2017, 01:35:29 PM
There was a big post about this on Moparts years ago.  I think @cataclysm80 posted a lot of pictures with dimensions.

Yep, that was me.  I was adding passenger mirrors to a 70 'Cuda and a '70 Challenger, and wanted to make sure I was getting them in the right spot.
Luckily, I wasn't in a hurry.  I measured numerous cars at various shows, checking the fender tags to make sure that I only used info from cars that had both side mirrors installed at the factory.  I also received measurements from a lot of people on Moparts, again requesting only cars with both factory mirrors.

The result was that mirror location may vary slightly from car to car, but on every car, the passenger side measured identical to the driver's side.  The most accurate measurement for where to locate your passenger mirror is acquired by measuring your drivers side door.  Put it in the same spot, and use Nutserts like the factory did.
Any measurement you receive from someone else is less accurate because it might not exactly match your driver's door.

Mirror location on a T/A is more critical than any other car.  The T/A stripe has a cutout for the mirror and the door handle, so you really want your mirrors in the correct spot.  That's why I spent so much time trying to figure it out.

Quote from: 750-h2 on September 10, 2017, 04:47:51 PM
I will also have to drill the holes for my passenger side mirror on my 1970 Challenger. A month ago while at a big Mopar show I did check several 1970 Challengers and the passenger side mirror location appears to be a "mirror image" from the driver side mirror. At the time I did not have a measuring tape so I cannot be 100% sure. If any members can confirm this it would be great!

Confirmed!  :bigthumb:

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 12, 2017, 01:13:59 AM
They are the same....
:iagree: