Main Menu

70 Cuda Grill Help !

Started by vilzrod, May 01, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

vilzrod

Guys I need help...  I bought the car in pieces and now want to assemble the grill 1970 Cuda...  The grill is new and I also bought a install kit with black round discs that look to be squeezed together... The service manual show to put these somehow on the grill any one help me for assembly  pics would be great..

I came over form Cuda challenger forum as it appears nobody knows ?

my email vilzrod@hotmail.com

THANKS!

Cuda Cody

@vilzrod  welcome!!!   :welcome:  Glad you found us.  @anlauto  probably has done the most 1970 Cuda grilles out of everyone I know.  Hopefully he will be able to help you.  I can try to get some photos or info when I get home from work tonight. 

anlauto

They don't go on the grill they go on the header panel. The bolt goes through them.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

:iagree:

2 parts snap together onto the header.

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

Snapped this photo real quick before I left, I think this is the holes you are looking for.

Thanks Alan and Dave for the help!

vilzrod

vilzrod

Cody...  I just noticed the red little plugs in your headlight bucket area as I put ne AMD fendrs on I have no holes there... where do you get those ?

1 Wild R/T

Hopefully your grill issues are in the rearview... Whats next?   :wrenching:

Cuda Cody

:thinking:   

Quote from: vilzrod on May 01, 2017, 08:00:25 PM
Cody...  I just noticed the red little plugs in your headlight bucket area as I put ne AMD fendrs on I have no holes there... where do you get those ?

vilzrod

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 01, 2017, 08:00:58 PM
Hopefully your grill issues are in the rearview... Whats next?   :wrenching:

thanks for leading me here  my restomod is coming  Im doing a ronfrancis wring kit now.....  I'll get some pics on here ..

MoparDave

I put neW AMD fendrs on I have no holes there... where do you get those ?

I have heard of other issues but haven't see/heard of that one yet. you should have 2 square holes in the inner fender panel like the red inserts Cody shows. these nylon retainers mount the head lamp bezels
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

I've found that out too late and had to drill holes and just use self tapping screws.... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

yikes. one must be able to adapt and work on the fly for resolution with replacement parts.

vilzrod

Quote from: MoparDave on May 02, 2017, 05:39:46 AM
I put neW AMD fendrs on I have no holes there... where do you get those ?

I have heard of other issues but haven't see/heard of that one yet. you should have 2 square holes in the inner fender panel like the red inserts Cody shows. these nylon retainers mount the head lamp bezels

ok this is making sense now I was wondering what those were for...  I just need to make the hole large enough for the nylon plug...thx guys !

Cuda Cody

It's a square hole, right?  Might need to do what Alan did and just use some self taping screws.