Main Menu

70 Cuda Paint

Started by B5fourspeed, January 05, 2020, 04:08:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

I need some ideas on vendors for the argent grille and shaker bubble paint.Ten years ago on my first Cuda I bought the paint from paddock.Their OEM paint cans were I thought dead on for the grille and the shaker.No vendor supplies their paint.If you buy direct from OEM it is a 3 can minimum for 89 dollars a can just for the shaker paint.

Topcat

Roger Gibson Restoration:

http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/FileStream.aspx?FileID=1

P/N:   SHAK Shaker bubble paint, correct textured dark grey argent............ container $85

P/N: CGP    70-71 Cuda grill paint - correct color and texture with instructions.......... Each $125.00

B5fourspeed

Topcat

I still have some Fast Lacquer left over if you want it.

I would do a pre test spray out to see how it goes first.

JS29

Old school lacquer doesn't go bad, as long as the can is sealed well.  :alan2cents:

cudaize

I have used the Roger Gibson grille paint and was very happy with it. There are three different paints first is the argent with the fine texture, second is a clear with some larger squares (I did not use this as I was doing a 71 and most 71's did not have the larger squares, third step is a clear to glue down the texture.  I followed the instructions and found it very easy to use and produce amazing results.