Main Menu

70 cuda rocker molding

Started by cudamadd, July 01, 2020, 06:04:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Just an interesting fact my car was off the ground the other day .And for some unknown reason I counted each little BLACK  ribb on   my 70 cuda rocker panel and there are  70 each side gotta love mother mopar just wanted to know if I was ever to air brush them a little darker . :australia:

cuda hunter

That's a cool little fact. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cudamadd

Yes just one of the hundred thousand reasons we all love mopar because they are just way out there  :worship:

Racer57

Quote from: cudamadd on July 01, 2020, 06:04:51 PM
Just an interesting fact my car was off the ground the other day .And for some unknown reason I counted each little BLACK  ribb on   my 70 cuda rocker panel and there are  70 each side gotta love mother mopar just wanted to know if I was ever to air brush them a little darker . :australia:
Does a 71 have 71 ?   :D   

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Cuda_mark

That is one particular part that you never see originals for sale. You definitely have to go aftermarket, which kinda sucks. I can honestly say I've never seen an original set for sale anywhere.

cuda hunter

I've seen several sets for sale but they are always damaged. 

Cuda_mark

Whats the best way to identify if they are original?

RUNCHARGER

One of mine was intact, the other one I had to splice together from 3 pieces. That was 20 years ago. They were on the bottom of the car so got damaged easily.
Sheldon

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda_mark on July 02, 2020, 07:19:17 AM
Whats the best way to identify if they are original?

they are a cast part, made of the same material as SHAKER bubles, other hood scoops, Charger R/T door scoops, etc. (most/all reproductions are fiberglass) - so the original's back-side has detail & a part number

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 02, 2020, 07:43:51 AM
One of mine was intact, the other one I had to splice together from 3 pieces. That was 20 years ago. They were on the bottom of the car so got damaged easily.

@ RUNCHARGER, do you have any tips for restoring a set in multiple pieces?  Do you remember what you used for bonding material?  Did you have to reconstruct any missing sections along the bottom edge?

Cuda_mark

Anyone have a good original set they are looking to unload? PM me if you do.

RUNCHARGER

I used fibreglass reinforced by window screen as I recall. Pretty easy to use a couple of boards to keep them straight when bonding them. Pretty sure I jigged up the screw holes as well with a board on the bottom.
Sheldon

Mr Cuda

Found this on the back of one.