Main Menu

70 Cuda tail panel trim

Started by hemienvy, November 11, 2022, 08:11:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hemienvy

OK, look at the pictures. Both sets of trim, tail panel + trunk/quarter extension.

Could this be factory ??????

Fastmark

cudamadd

I am no expert ..But the trunk and quarter trim doesn't look factory  :dunno: very thin , seen lots of books and photos but never seen this

anlauto

The stuff on the quarters and deck lid is that stick-on stuff from Walmart :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Great looking car after that is peeled off.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

A barracuda could have both,  Could a cuda have both?

#7. bh23G0B103821 Fy1 X9 821 D31 Ebay B.S.     

On the list 

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/the-m46-list/16415/30
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70_440-6Cuda

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

198D13

There was an all original 1970 Gran Coupe for sale, optioned with FE5 and A22 at Carlisle in 2014 that had both sets of trim on the rear panel. They are not as rare as you might think. That panel had the original silver argent paint on it, as a Gran Coupe would have.

198D13

@cudahunter  Do you know what became of that car? That is the first M46 car I've seen with both types of tail panel trim. I thought it had something to do with the A46 code, but that doesn't seem to be on the broadcast sheet.

cuda hunter

@198D13
While reading through old threads, looking for any info I may have missed I realize that I did not respond to your question.
The car known as  bh23G0B103821 was sold on ebay.  I did not save any info unfortunately.  Nor did I save the information of whom bought it.  Or the seller of which I could have asked for contact information from. 
 I am of the understanding that M88 is the code for the deck molding treatment but it is not present on the fender tag or the build sheet.  Could this have been added after the fact at some point?  It sure doesn't appear to be added after the original build. 
  This is the only M46 build sheet that I have a picture of. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee