Main Menu

71 Challenger Convertible Top - Long Shot

Started by Daveh, November 01, 2019, 06:55:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I'm finishing up the assembly of my 71 Challenger Convertible and I know this is a long shot but I'm trying to locate someone who can install the convertible top in my shop.  I'm in South Florida near Ft. Lauderdale.  I have all of the pieces and I know I would pay a premium it's just having it done here lets me sleep better at night.  Thanks

Dave

7E-Bodies

No help from here, just my findings that reputable shops seem to cooperate. I'm in Peoria IL and have been promised by a well known shop that they'd come to my place to install my vinyl top and head liner. Of course I have to pay his rate for the two hour round trip and give him about 3 months notice, but I think that's fair.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Daveh

I agree and would do the same thing. I know of a couple of reputable shops I just need to make the calls. 

anlauto

I would think in your neck of the woods this would be a pretty common service :dunno: There must be more convertibles in your area then up here in Canada :))

All I can add...Is my upholstery guy that I've been using for over 30 years....will come to my shop for just about everything EXCEPT convertible tops....reason being....it usually takes he more then one day, and he also has a guy that helps him out....therefore it just doesn't make sense to come to my shop to do them. I have to take the car's to him :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration