Main Menu

71 Cuda Radiator Support Black out - how to link (thread)

Started by 71Cuda, April 13, 2018, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71Cuda

Folks, I've heard there is a thread how to exactly and correctly black out my radiator core support. Mine at the moment is all body color and I'd like to correct this to be the way it should be. I've been told there is a thread on this already.

I've been looking and could you some help to the thread.

Thank you very much
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Cuda Cody

71Cuda

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

anlauto

No, it's a flat black.....however your car being modified, you can choose any colour you want  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

Quote from: anlauto on April 13, 2018, 04:13:19 PM
No, it's a flat black.....however your car being modified, you can choose any colour you want  :dunno:

Do you think they used organisol for blackout?
Keep yer foot in it

Gary

I've read in a couple places that they did.  We are thinking about using it on our next car

RUNCHARGER

I don't believe they used organisol, it had metallic in it and a texture depending on how you shoot it.
Sheldon

moparcar

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 13, 2018, 06:41:50 PM
I don't believe they used organisol, it had metallic in it and a texture depending on how you shoot it.

Agreed, my Challenger's factory black out was dead flat no texture, no sheen and if I had to describe it looked like cheap thin flat black paint. (I'm sure it was something specific but they definitely didn't spend money on the product or exact application)

Wes

anlauto

:iagree: it's pretty evident in Cody's picture of the yellow car.....I used Tremclad Flat Black :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

The way it was explained to me was: The guy was down in the "pit" so the paint should be sprayed up from the bottom at an angle onto the support. I think you are supposed to be smoking a cigarette and take a swig of whiskey before spraying it as well to be authentic. This is how I did my Challenger, it is really hard not to try and be neat about it. I left it off the crossbar but as you can see in Cody's shots most of them have a messy blackout on the sides of the crossbar.
Sheldon

anlauto

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon