Main Menu

73 Challenger Grill

Started by 69BFan, December 12, 2017, 05:44:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

I have a customer wanting us to get him a grill for his 73 Challenger.  I got my pricing from Goodmark as they offer them.  Looking at Van's, they offer a 72 to 74 Challenger grill for $125 which is approximately $100 less than most E-Bay sales.  Just wondering if there is that much of a difference between the Goodmark and Van's piece?  With that much of a price difference, I do not believe that they are from the same manufacture.  I had rather purchase the better piece as the price difference is not as much of a concern as is the quality and fit.  Any input will be appreciated.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Buy them both, do a review here and return the one you don't like. :alan2cents:

I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same manufacture :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

There are plenty of original ones out there.  Buy an original one.  The standard grill was made from gray plastic.  The Rallye grill was made from back plastic.  I think the gray grill is the only one that's reproduced.

MoparDave

Same grille, same manufacture.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

dave73

I have the original grill of my 73 and got a 72 grill to modify. I vaguely remember the bottom of the 72 grill being different. Just throwing it out there

Burdar

I'd be interested to see an ORIGINAL 72 grill.  In 73 and 74, there is an extra rubber "filler" strip mounted to the bottom of the grill.(because of the 5mph bumpers)  72's didn't have this filler strip however, I thought the grills still had the mounting points for them.  My guess was that the factory knew the laws were going to change and made the 72 part to fit that change.

dave73

Found a picture of what I was referencing - top is my original 73 grill, bottom is a 72 grill. The opening for the bumper brackets is larger on the 73 then 72, I'm guessing to account for the different angled mounting points of the different year bumpers?

69BFan

Thanks for the replies to my question.  I have not seen the original grill for the 73 Challenger, so hopefully he can simply clean and repaint if necessary.  As in most all cases, it is hard to be original pieces, but some customers had rather have a part they can simply bolt in without having to send out and be painted, etc.  Good thing to know that the Van's piece is the same as the Goodmark piece.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Burdar

I just cleaned mine really well and painted it with SEM Trim Black.  It's a really good match.  Don't forget the silver lip if it's a Rallye grill.  I'm pretty sure I used some Mopar Rallye wheel argent for that.

69BFan

I spoke to the gentleman today concerning his grill and it has a section broken out of it.  I advised him to keep his eyes open for a good original unit that could be refinished.  The grill that Burdar looks very nice and I am sure that if his were to turn out that nice, he would be very happy.

dave73

Quote from: 69BFan on December 14, 2017, 06:22:38 PM
I spoke to the gentleman today concerning his grill and it has a section broken out of it.  I advised him to keep his eyes open for a good original unit that could be refinished.  The grill that Burdar looks very nice and I am sure that if his were to turn out that nice, he would be very happy.

Does he want to get rid of the broken grille? I'd be interested in it if it's reasonable in price. Let me know I'm in New Jersey