Main Menu

AAR Hood Rubber Bumpers

Started by 69BFan, November 22, 2019, 08:03:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

I have been approached about the possibility of reproducing the rubber bumper that attaches to the rear of the AAR hoods in the corners.  I have looked in the Parts Manuals and I could not locate a part number for the item in question.  All of other various body bumpers basically have a part number associated with them and most of them except for the very small ones will have a part number and vendor code molded into them.

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know if these rubber bumpers had a part number molded into them.  If they do have a number, would someone let me know that number to see if we might be able to find an NOS sample to work with.  If we were to mold them, I would want to do them as correct as possible if the part number and logos were present as all of the other bumpers that we do feature those details.

I am wondering if the bumpers were actually serviced as an assembly with the hood and thus were never listed as a sub-assembly.  If that being true, it may be that the vendor for the hoods possibly used a generic bumper with no markings. 

Any help would be appreciated.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I have an original set of 49 year old ones from an original paint car....The body shop removed them and I've yet to put them back on...I'll have a look at them tomorrow....right now, I'm off to bed...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

I have two pictures from @pink aar that he has sent to me and from the one picture, i am not able to detect any signs of anything like a part number or Pentastar molded into the rubber bumper.  I spoke to Mike Carter over at AMS Obsolete and if I can come up with a part number, he would look into his inventory stash of NOS parts.

From spending some time looking into the parts manuals, I am beginning to think that those bumpers were supplied with the hood and not offered separately.  I need to check the Dave Wise book this weekend as well to see if there might be any details in his book.

Alan, thanks for taking the time to look at the pieces that you are working with.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

ZERO signs of any part numbers, Pentastars, etc...mind you these are 50 years old...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

A member of this board or Moparts had these bumpers made.  I bought a set a year or two back.  I'll dig up his contact info and post in a couple days (on travel now).

69BFan

Guys, thanks for the input and pictures.  From the pictures Alan provided and that Jay sent me, I am pretty confidant that the bumpers have no identifying characteristics. 

cataclysm80

It would be great to see these bumpers more readily available.
They're also used on the T/A hoods.

More pictures of original bumpers, with measurements can be found in the N94 T/A Hood thread, and the person who is/was machining reproductions from rubber blocks also posted there with photos if you want to contact him.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/n94-ta-hood/415/50