Main Menu

AAR Rear Valance Paint Procedure?

Started by 6Pack70, October 28, 2018, 08:16:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6Pack70

Hi everyone,  does anyone know the procedure used on the assembly line for rear valance paint on my AAR Cuda?  I always thought Cuda rear valances were painted separately from the body and installed later after the fuel tank and rear axle.  Apparently, on my car, it looks as if it was painted with the body, possibly held in position with temporary fasteners and removed for ease of installation of other items.  There's definitely original Organisol along the top egde of my valance under the original red paint.  Likely overspray from the tail panel blackout procedure.  Red oxide, light gray, Organisol,  then Rallye Red.  (Ignore the red Maaco repaint top layer).  Does the rear valance being on the car during paint procedures sound right to you guys?  Thanks for any input.  Eddie

6Pack70

Sorry my phone still insists on posting pictures sideways.

6Pack70

I'm thinking the only way original primer and red paint got on the side mounting tabs of the rear valance would be if it did not have its clips and studs installed during painting. The only way it got Cuda tail panel blackout Organisol along the top of the valance would be if it was temporarily hanging there during the paint process.  I think I might be answering my own question lol.