Main Menu

A/C box dilema

Started by leglhi, September 01, 2018, 12:18:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

leglhi

Got a little snag going.Just went to install my firewall pad before installing the heater box and realized i screwed up.Ordered a non ac firewall pad assuming i wasnt going to run my A/C components.Now i see that i should have had a firewall block off welded in before i had the car painted because off all the holes it will leave in the firewall because of the a/c drain,blower motor ect.Somebody at one time looks like they cut some of the A/C tubes that exit through the firewall flush with the sheetmetal.I should have looked at what was going to be exposed from not running the A/C and had that welded up.Does anybody make a bolt on firewall plate that i could use to cover up these holes?I could even not run a heater box at all if theres a plate to cover everythng.Never gets hot or cold enough here to need it honestly.And if i do have to end up running the box,is there any way for water to get through the heater box from the cowl into the interior?I never plan on driving it in the rain,but you never know.Thanks all.
If it ain't broke,fix it till it is

Katfish

Never seen a standard block off plate.
You'll need to fab something if you want it flush.

1 Wild R/T

Honestly your best option is to respray the firewall.... It can be done pretty easily, mask to each inner fender, just spray the lower portion of the cowl & break it at the floor pan seam.... Small area, not very visible... You could easily spray it yourself in the garage with a preval sprayer...  Is it as good as a HVLP gun? Of course not.. But for what your doing you might be surprised how good it is....

https://www.amazon.com/Preval-0227-Pro-Pack/dp/B00NXNE6CO/ref=asc_df_B00NXNE6CO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193184886406&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8349632758378823250&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032278&hvtargid=pla-365040485887&psc=1

RUNCHARGER

I have to agree, the only way to make it look nice is to weld in some block off pieces and spray it from the seam down.
Sheldon

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 01, 2018, 12:44:31 PM
I have to agree, the only way to make it look nice is to weld in some block off pieces and spray it from the seam down.
:iagree: I would cover the car up with welding blankets and such, Outside and in. those TV shows that show A guy cutting and welding and especially GRINDING around fresh paint and glass kills me. :alan2cents: