Main Menu

AMD order trying to get it all at once.

Started by Swamp Donkey, March 19, 2020, 10:16:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Hello.  I'm going to be putting in an AMD order soon.  I have a few questions. 

1) My floor is in pretty decent shape, but I think I'm going to either replace the whole floor or can you get 4 individual pans.

2) There is a piece the goes behind the rear 1/4 panel.  Does that come with the rear quarters or does it have to be ordered separate. 

3) Last question, where are any other common hidden spots for major rust outs that cannot be seen until car is totally disassembled?

First pic is the drivers side floorboards, 2nd pic is the inner rear quarter panel deal. I also made a brief 5 minute YouTube video that I will try and attach. Sorry I am not very good at this YouTube thing.   
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Have your car completely media blasted first....then decide what sheet metal you need  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Trunk floor comes in 1 or 2 pieces. You might need the outer wheel well and trunk extensions (that might be the other 2 pieces you mean for the trunk floor. ) You might want the jack and spare tire hold downs unless you want to cut them off your trunk floor. Gas tank braces too.

Jocigar

Nice looking car, I had the same in high school...  black 340 4spd with aluminum slots... takes me back.

The hidden spots may be in the cowl/firewall area.

Truck floor extensions do not come with quarter panels.

If it helps, I was very pleased with help from Jonathen @ Roseville for my bulk order. 

JS29

@Swamp Donkey  Your last picture is a trunk extension, separate panel.  :alan2cents: 

Chryco Psycho

I was going to suggest the same thing ... Roseville may be the best bet to order everything from , they are very helpful & offer a discount as well  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I would recommend Roseville for just about anything, but seeing how Mr. Donkey is on the far West coast of Canada, the shipping and exchange rate would kill him....Maybe Sheldon knows a better supplier out that way for AMD sheet metal ? @RUNCHARGER  ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

@Swamp Donkey Just in case you're not aware the Canadian dollar has really dropped lately. You might save some money by waiting for the dollar to recover.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

You can contact Carmine @ Classic Performance in Calgary but I doubt it will be 1 dime cheaper 403 -216 -6060 , he has to pay the same shipping costs & has to make a living as well

Swamp Donkey

All very good advice guy.  Thanks.  I think maybe I will start the disassembly process soon.  I am going to get a uscartool either stage 2 or 3 kit.  Still debating on mini tubs.  So I guess maybe I will just order the uscartool kit, and a floor until I media blast it.  That should keep me busy for 6 months or a year until maybe  the Canadian dollar recovers. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the advice and suggestions.  All them make sense!  One more question, there is Dynacorn and AMD available on classic performance's website. Anyone have a preference?
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

RUNCHARGER

Shipping is ugly up to you, probably a full pallet would be the best unless you can pick it all up. I would go a full front floor as they are so much easier to install and look so much better. 1 piece trunk floor, trunk drop-offs outer wheelhouses for sure. Then you'll have to decide on stock inner wheelhouses or mini tub. If you order those big pieces all at once (Hot Rods and Classics should have them in stock) Any little bits that you may come across can be shipped up to you later. You need full quarters too so I would factor in at least $600 and up for the Canada part of the shipping (so maybe just put that towards fuel and pick it up yourself if you can spare the time). We used to just charge AMD's retail price changed over to Canada funds and ate the brokerage/U.S. freight. Allow a bit of extra time if possible, alot of AMD's sheetmetal is damaged before they ship it so whoever you buy from may have to order it 2 or 3 times to get your pieces in good shape. Make sure the vendor takes all pieces out of the box and inspects it before shipping it to you. A lot of times the AMD boxes were undamaged on the outside but the contents inside were damaged.
Sheldon

Swamp Donkey

My friend is making a trip to Chilliwack and has put in an order for his car.  So, I was going to go on a road trip and pick my parts at the same time.  I have a perfect little 5x10 enclosed trailer that could handle quite a few body panels.

Driving for stuff is just something I am used to, living way up here.  Until my daughter's volleyball was canceled I had 2 trips to Edmonton an one to Calgary scheduled.  After already completing 3 other trips to Edmonton for volleyball.  Travel times are about 7 hours to Edmonton, 10 to Calgary and probably at least 12 hours to Chilliwack.  I have a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that gets some km's put on it for sure.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

RUNCHARGER

Great: Life in the north. My friend Ray lives in Hudson Hope and he puts a buttload of miles on as well. Same deal, he'll be in Vancouver one weekend and Alberta the next.
Sheldon