Main Menu

amd windshield molding fit?

Started by realn96, March 20, 2018, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

I was thinking of buying new amd windshield molding. How is the quality and fit?  :popcorn:

GoodysGotaCuda

Mine arrived with a couple of light scratches and fits okay. I did expect a little better fit given it's new and not cheap. The passenger top corner radius doesn't match up with the roof as well as it should.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I've used a few sets, no real issues. if you want the perfect fit, they should be fitted during the body work process :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

realn96

thx guys. I did just what you said Alan with the old moldings and they fit nice around the corners! BUT then I decided to sit on one of them and destroyed it.  :headbang:I then got another ,what looked like a nice piece to replace  it. But as nice as it looked it didn't fit as well as the other piece. So I hate to go spend more money on a hoping  another used piece will fit better. But also don't want the new stuff if it don't fit! :dunno:
was hoping to hear good reviews!

MoparDave

I do have a bunch of windshield trim if you need another piece.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

realn96

Thanks Dave. I just might take you up on that!  :bigthumb:

Claudia

IMO - I purchased my front windshield trim new from AMD and overall . . . I can live with it.  It is expensive and as mentioned earlier, I wish the top corners fit better but for the most part it did fit pretty good with the exceptions of both upper corners and the entire lower trim piece which required a lot of massaging to get it to sit tight against the bottom of the windshield.

realn96

Thank you for the info and the pictures Claudia :bigthumb: