Main Menu

Another headlight question

Started by edison1970, September 18, 2017, 05:02:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

This is probably a stupid question but I am fitting my headlights up before I paint the grille and I can't get the headlight bulb to sit correctly.  See picture.  What am I doing wrong?  No matter what I do, I can't get the Halogen label to be level.

anlauto

If the headlight bulb is sitting comfortably in the headlight pot, then you have the headlight pot on the wrong side of the car. There is a left and right pot :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

edison1970

That must be it.  I didn't know there were right and left ones.  I'm afraid I might have all of the same side.  Where are the adjusters supposed to be located?  Top and right on each side?

anlauto

The adjusters will appear in the same location on all of your buckets, you need to look closer at the cut-out indentations that the bulb sits in...that's how you determine right or left.
On the car the adjusters are always at the top and outside.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

It's obvious the headlight in your picture is mounted on the wrong side of the car. Turn it 90* and mount it on the passenger side.

Mrbill426

Thank you for doing that before I do   :smile:

Quote from: edison1970 on September 18, 2017, 05:02:45 PM
This is probably a stupid question but I am fitting my headlights up before I paint the grille and I can't get the headlight bulb to sit correctly.  See picture.  What am I doing wrong?  No matter what I do, I can't get the Halogen label to be level.

edison1970

Chryco Psycho

The buckets are stamped on the front ridge , 2 light you will have Left & R , 4 light you have left Lo  &L Hi , & Right Lo & R HI