Main Menu

Another tail panel question

Started by Harley, July 23, 2020, 05:48:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Harley

Hey guys I guess I'm still confused. The tech drawings show the bottom edge of the black out to follow the weld seam of the 1/4 panel. The picture that floyd sent shows the whole tail panel black like a cuda. I've looked at several cars on line claiming to be original and their tails are completely blacked out. I've also noticed alot of cars with no black out on the deck lid. I'm looking for some advice to get this car done right. Thanks!!  Harley

Floyd

I have more survivor T/A pics of rear end blackout that I can post.  Can you post a picture/or describe better what you're after? 

Harley

In the tech bulletins here on e bodies the 4th one from the top is for challenger tail panel, it shows the black out area covering 1/2 of the tail panel from top to bottom. leaving the bottom section body color. The stripe bulletin shows the same. the pic posted by Floyd shows the complete tail panel blacked out. This is what is prompting my questions. Thanks! Harley

Burdar

https://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Engineering_Illustrations/Black_Out_Tail_Panel_Challenger.pdf

The area that's hatched and shows the blackout area is all you can see of the tail panel.  The tail lights install in the middle and the bumper comes up to the meet the tail panel at the ends.(pay no attention to the lack of blackout under the spoiler)

Floyd

Here are a few pics.  Thanks again to Troy for sharing these.

Harley

Very nice pictures Floyd.  Thank You! This clears things up for me and now I can proceed with painting the tail panel. You and this site are most helpful. Thanks again.  Harley