Main Menu

OER Cuda rocker gills

Started by Ronald Gower, March 06, 2020, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ronald Gower

Hi all
I purchased OER brand reproduction 70 Cuda rocker moldings. They come painted in silver. Does anyone know if they are the correct colour as supplied? To me they look to be a bit on the light side?

anlauto

The silver is fine, but each louver needs to be blacked out....once that's done they will appear darker :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2020, 06:20:45 PM
The silver, but each louver needs to be blacked out....once that's done they will appear darker :alan2cents:

Huh?  :drunk:  The "argent silver" color you have looks correct, you're picture looks shaded and looks a little dark.  Original's were painted "argent silver" which "Dull aluminum" matches exceptionally well.  You will need to paint the inner flats black to be original.   

usraptor

Not the best picture, but this is what they're talking about when saying the "flat" part or gills need to be painted black.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: usraptor on March 09, 2020, 04:56:13 PM
Not the best picture, but this is what they're talking about when saying the "flat" part or gills need to be painted black.

What a royal pain in the butt that must be...

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on March 10, 2020, 07:26:26 AM

YES...it can be...I've tried several different methods....and it's a lot of work.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I've done it and takes time. I think it's possible that originally they were sprayed black and then the argent sprayed at an angle without masking.
Sheldon

JS29

:iagree: That or they had a temp-let.   :alan2cents:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 10, 2020, 08:47:07 AM
I've done it and takes time. I think it's possible that originally they were sprayed black and then the argent sprayed at an angle without masking.

I'm guessing that is exactly how it was done. These were production cars...not works of art.

usraptor

Quote from: Cuda_mark on March 10, 2020, 07:26:26 AM

Yes, it was.  First I sprayed the "flat" gills black and then after it was completely dry, masked off every gill and then sprayed the rest of the rocker argent silver.