Main Menu

Anyone know what caused these holes in my window channel?

Started by Brads70, November 07, 2023, 12:57:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I have the front and rear glass out of my car in preparation for sending it to paint. I found a few holes I patched before it goes. Up front I discovered these 3 holes on each side. They look pretty symmetrical  side to side. Anyone know there purpose? They look to be punched thru from the other side and you can see the material pushed up?  I was going to weld them shut?

anlauto

I believe those are factory, I've seen them lots before. :bigthumb: Weld um up !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Hummm Thanks, not sure why picture is so big?  :Thud:
Any idea what they were for?

Edit: fixed picture size

anlauto

I thought they originally had an "edge" to them to hold the rubber blacks in place that support the windshield  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Another thing I found at the rear glass was "someone" had pierced a hole thru at the passenger lower corner causing a leak.  It was not drilled but punched thru. Maybe a pissed off Chrysler employee? I had a local guy come and pull the glass and he said back was original and had never been out. Front had been replaced at some point though...
  A couple minutes with the welder and it was all good but now ( 53 years latter) I have to put a trunk pan in.... :('
This car spent most of its life in California ( until I bought it) and is for the most part rust free.
Under the stainless trim up front there was a few rot holes from debris sitting under the trim
( under the wipers)
Might be a good idea to remove that trim and clean out the crap if you have an original car as its sits there, builds up with no where to go and rots after 53 years...
Mine has holes at both front lower corners because of this.

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2023, 01:34:59 PM
I thought they originally had an "edge" to them to hold the rubber blacks in place that support the windshield  :dunno:

That sounds logical. Must be the reason? I welded them up today and primed the channel.