Main Menu

Anyone??? Seeking owners of 70 Challenger Survivors w/ Side Moldings-Help!

Started by 7E-Bodies, August 27, 2020, 11:22:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

As I begin the chrome fitment stage on my 70 Challenger, I need help with how the body side moldings are set. Especially the question of if they actually sit right at (and touch) the body line or are slightly under. This car had them removed and the holes welded up long ago. I've acquired a set so nice that they could be placed in mopar wrappers and sold as NOS. Before I begin drilling and fitment, I'd love to see photos of some survivors. I'd also like to know if they're nylon clips or threaded retainers or both, like the 70 service manual shows. I've replaced the quarters with AMD new. Doors and fenders are OEM and very nice. I have in my stockpile a bag of perfectly fitting nylon clips with small nylon rod pieces that would lock them into drilled holes. The bag has 45 of them. Odd number for some reason. Really want to get this right. Any help appreciated.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Skdmark

I looked to see if there was a factory diagram in the Faxon 70-71 Dodge Challenger body and electrical assembly manual.
No luck, it has just about every other decal and paint option in it.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

7E-Bodies

Same thing I'm finding. I'm just hoping someone with one in the garage will chime in.

7E-Bodies

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

7E-Bodies

EV2RTSE