Main Menu

Barracuda Gran Coupe Rocker Molding Screws

Started by 1970GranCoupeConvert, May 14, 2021, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970GranCoupeConvert

Does anyone know a source for the correct 1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe rocker molding screws?

THANKS

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

anlauto

What do they look like ? How are they different from a regular screw ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

I Googled "1970 Cuda rocker molding screws" and came up with several vendors: Classic Industries, Year One, Early Birds and my favorite, our main forum sponsor

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/rocker-molding-screw-set-70-cuda-fish-gill-molding/

RUNCHARGER

I usually buy that stuff at Home Depot or a local fastener place. I hate waiting for parts.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 15, 2021, 05:56:17 AM
I Googled "1970 Cuda rocker molding screws" and came up with several vendors: Classic Industries, Year One, Early Birds and my favorite, our main forum sponsor

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/rocker-molding-screw-set-70-cuda-fish-gill-molding/

Grand Coupe have different moldings then Cuda, so that's why I was wondering if they have special screws as well ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1970GranCoupeConvert

Bought them from Roseville...plus a bunch of other stuff.

THANKS

1970GranCoupeConvert

Does Roseville offer a discount code for forum members?

anlauto

1970GranCoupeConvert

Roseville offers a 10 percent off code
EBODIES

All Caps

docmel

Those are called panhead screws   pretty much available anywhere

YYZ

Quote from: docmel on May 22, 2021, 10:58:14 AM
Those are called panhead screws   pretty much available anywhere

I think that you may have meant oval head.

You are 100% right that they are widely available.  Lowe's, HD, Ace etc.

Personally I like to use stainless steel if it's not an OE resto, and marine suppliers are a good source.

Screws are either #8 or #10

anlauto

:twothumbsup:

i buy like bags of 50 on Amazon dirt cheap :alan2cents:

Mr Cuda

Look what popped up  when I listed my rocker.
Yes, gran coupe  trim screws are unique. They are not found elsewhere on a barracuda.

They are similar to windshield moulding lower corner screws,  but have a  larger flat radius on the face.