Main Menu

Best Air Compressor Dryer for the Buck?

Started by 7E-Bodies, June 27, 2019, 04:23:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

As the Illinois summer air becomes drenched, so does my compressed air.  I'm ready to look into a dryer.  Looking for suggestions.  Will eventually be painting this project and will need something reliable.  Suggestions?

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1 Wild R/T

A dryer mounted to close to the compressor won't do much as the air is still hot & the moisture is in suspension... Rubber air hose & PVC pipe act as insulators so they make the situation worse....   You need a minimum of 50 feet of copper or iron pipe to cool the air before you use a moisture/water trap.... Or you need a refrigerated air dryer....    My method has been very effective to the point I rarely get water in my water trap & I never get water vapor at my air tools/paint gun....

What I've done it two cooling towers made of copper pipe, I use one between the pump & the air tank & one at the discharge of the tank....  Each rise has a drain valve total investment was less than $100 & it's been super effective..

I also spent more money on a desiccant dryer & a couple coalescing filter dryer units which I use when painting but honestly I don't need to....