Main Menu

Blackout Front End Paint on AAR Cuda

Started by Gary AAR, May 20, 2020, 08:01:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

Looking for confirmation on painting the "Blackout Front End" to make sure I do things right.  Should the front end of my 1970 AAR Cuda be painted black per the "Blackout Front End" technical drawing shown in Technical Services Bulletin resource section?  Body paint color of my car is FC7.
Thanks for help.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Yes, it would look better from the front end if the area was blacked out.

JS29

GoMangoBoys

I am at this crossroads also.  It is clear that blacking out the parts visible thru the grill is a good move as I have seen pictures of cars that weren't blacked out.  The parts that aren't blacked out show up thru the grill and look bad.  What I am unclear about is the value of blacking out the top of the cowl.  I have seen pictures of cars both ways.  Aside from being totally authentic, is there another aesthetic reason to black out the top of the cowl?

ec_co

the blackout only applies to certain body colors (eg: TX9 did not get the treatment)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

headejm

@Gary AAR  Just blacked out my 1970 FC7 Challenger. The factory did it, so I did it too.  :alan2cents:

Gary

This has nothing to do with blackout, but there is some confusion between me and GaryAAR.  I'm getting notices when he is tagged. If I look at my posts some 0f his will show up. It's no big deal but I just want to make sure he's getting his responses.

JS29

@Gary  When you start to spell out to user name a box pops up, people are probably clicking the wrong name. Witch would notify you and not him. :alan2cents:

headejm