Main Menu

Body Shops

Started by 61K T/A, August 01, 2017, 07:40:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Sometime I use my own cars to show people what not to do.   :haha:  But I like to over restore them and make sure they hold up when I drive them and look new for a long time.  For cars that are meant to be judged, I like to use Dave's white challenger and Alan's cars for an example.  They do very nice OEM style restoration.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 06, 2017, 09:02:01 AM
Yeah I paint the whole bottom body color too... But we critic types rarely have a better example of whats correct.. :haha:

And your right with a user name like 61K T/A your example probably is perfect...  But I still gotta  :pokeeye:

61K T/A

The pics I'm looking for would be for a 70 Cuda. What Paint detail (if any) is there where the cowl meets the firewall? Is it a sharp line, over sprayed edging? I assume the cowl is black and the wall is body color? My TA is EB5 and the cowl is black.

RUNCHARGER

I tried to do mine as well as I could. The cowl blackout wasn't masked so it should have a fuzzy line but I don't really like fuzzy lines. To be honest it is really hard to find an E-body built as bad as they were from the factory. Even the photos of Walden's white Challenger look too good to be honest. You need firewall paint runs, sealer oozing out in disarray, dry spray and bare spots to be authentic.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  it was a fuzzier line near the ends and the center (the area that had a sharper edge) was a little sharper.  The tape job they did was fast and quick so each one could be slightly different.  Here's an original AAR Cuda.

Hope that helps.   :bradsthumb:

Gary

Our 70 Challenger actually had runs on the firewall.  But we try to restore them as if some one at the factory actually cared what they were doing.