Main Menu

Books on bodywork

Started by soundcontrol, August 03, 2017, 12:21:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

If anyone need a great book (it is actually 2 books) on bodywork, I just bought and read these, and its the best books I have read on the subject so far, very highly recommended. Available in swedish and english.

https://www.bladsforlag.com/en

Cuda Cody

Love reading books like that.  Is it text heavy or does it have a lot of photos?    I could not find any samples of the inside of the book on the site.

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 03, 2017, 12:30:37 PM
Love reading books like that.  Is it text heavy or does it have a lot of photos?    I could not find any samples of the inside of the book on the site.

It's a lot of pictures to illustrate and show examples. I can take a picture of some pages in mine if you want.

soundcontrol

Here is a sample. Swedish version though  :D

Cuda Cody

I'm going to order the book.   8)  Really neat ready these types of books.  I always learn something from them.  Thanks for sharing it.

Cuda Cody

@soundcontrol   I've been reading this book about metalwork, panel beating and body work.... and it's fantastic.    :bradsthumb:  Thanks for suggesting it.   :wave:

soundcontrol

Yes! The best I have read so far also. I found that the author Bengt Blad, has his shop only an hour from where I live so I called him, and had him help me fixing the bad bump in my quarter skin body line. (That I have another thread here about). I filmed the procedure also, I will post it here soon, but I need his OK for that.

I will also go there later and have him teach me how to use lead filler, will film that also if he is OK with it.

RUNCHARGER

I really like this book and still refer to it. Of course it is more for making/fitting panels and I used it a lot before the AMD days.
Sheldon

cavemanno1

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to order these books as well!Can't beat hands on training but looks like a great source!

Roadman

Quote from: soundcontrol on September 09, 2017, 02:36:50 AM
Yes! The best I have read so far also. I found that the author Bengt Blad, has his shop only an hour from where I live so I called him, and had him help me fixing the bad bump in my quarter skin body line. (That I have another thread here about). I filmed the procedure also, I will post it here soon, but I need his OK for that.

I will also go there later and have him teach me how to use lead filler, will film that also if he is OK with it.

soundcontrol

@cavemanno1 , I just talked to Bengt, the author of the books in my post, he is actually going to Hungary next week, Budapest.

cavemanno1

Cool!What is he going to do there a seminar or something like that?
Would love to have a class like that and learn about bodywork!

soundcontrol

Quote from: cavemanno1 on September 19, 2017, 08:32:09 AM
Cool!What is he going to do there a seminar or something like that?
Would love to have a class like that and learn about bodywork!

I don't know, maybe just vacation, if you are close to Budapest and need a book, mail him! He's a cool guy.