Main Menu

Car Cover

Started by Gary AAR, January 30, 2023, 09:04:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

Looking to buy a California Car Cover for my 70 Cuda.  Anybody know if they ever have sales at certain times of the year, or coupon codes for a discount?
Thanks.

JH27N0B

They have a black Friday discount, that is the only one I recall seeing.
I am on their mailing list since buying several of their covers over the last 12 years, but haven't paid close attention to any of their emails in recent times so I can't say if any announced any other discounts other than the Black Friday one.
I was in the market for another car cover in fall of 2021 and decided to purchase in November to take advantage of a Black Friday discount to get a good deal.  I was not pleased to see how high prices had gotten.  I shopped around and ended up buying a CoverKing instead of another California Car Cover due to price.  I've got California Car Covers on my 3 Challengers and have been happy with them.
The Coverking has been just fine, except when tucking the car away for winter a few months back, the cover caught on the metal license plate frame and tore.  This was for a different car with the plate mounted on the drivers side of a 5mph bumper, so that location created a hazard for catching a cover and tearing it.  I can't blame CoverKing for not resisting the tear, I think any cover would have done that.  It is on the lower left corner area of the cover, I would like to figure out a way to patch it so the 3 or 4" tear doesn't get worse. 
I don't want to spend another $350 or $400 on a new cover, they have gotten too expensive to waste one!

Rich G.

I don't ever remember seeing a discount on California Car Cover, maybe free shipping.

Gary AAR

Do you know which version of California Car Covers you have?  I am looking for an indoor cover.  Choices I see include:
1. California Customweave Stretch Fit with Flannel Liner, $517.99
2. Plushweave Cotton Flannel Lined, $359.99
3. DustForce Soft as Flannel, $315.99
4. Softweave Cotton, $349.99

Thanks.

bdschnei

I bought their DustForce for my Challenger last year and my son bought one for his Mustang a few months ago. (I know, a Mustang, what are going to do...?)  :('

Both cars are stored inside. We're more than happy with both covers. The covers were both delivered ahead of the promised times.

BTW I ordered the Challenger cover on 12/30/2021 for $270. Compared to the rest of the world a 15% price increase over the last year doesn't seem that bad.
Bret

JH27N0B

@Gary AAR I am on California Car Covers email mailing list and got one today that they have a Groundhog day one day special of $2 shipping.

Gary AAR

@JH27N0B, Thanks for the note on $2 shipping for a California Car Cover.  I called them yesterday and placed my order.  They told me leadtime would be about 3 weeks.

Jsand73440

I jumped on last night as well, and took advantage of the $2.00 shipping as well. Thanks for the heads-up