Main Menu

Convertible well liner

Started by Rich G., June 10, 2018, 05:56:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Never had a convertible so I don't know how certain things work. ( 70 Challenger ) On the well liner I see it snaps around the back but what do you do with the front part? I happen to look through the back window and saw the motor when the top was up. Didn't seam right. Do you glue it somehow to the car somewhere?

71vert340

In my 71, the front slides into a grooved track on the top rear of the rear seat back if I remember correctly.
Terry

71vert340

My Bad. I was thinking of the top boot cover. I'll go out and take a look.
Terry

71vert340

I went out and took a look. It looks like it is glued to the shelf or brace behind the back of the seat. I can't tell how much glue without taking the seat back out as the material edge is hidden by the seat back. The top hold down clips sit on top of the well liner and are bolted through. Mine is original and never been replaced so I can't help you beyond what I can see now.
Terry

anlauto

Yes....it's glued over the top "shelf" and wrapped around a bit so when the seat is in place nothing is open. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

superdave

Quote from: 71vert340 on June 10, 2018, 06:21:34 AM
I went out and took a look. It looks like it is glued to the shelf or brace behind the back of the seat. I can't tell how much glue without taking the seat back out as the material edge is hidden by the seat back. The top hold down clips sit on top of the well liner and are bolted through. Mine is original and never been replaced so I can't help you beyond what I can see now.
Terry
:lurking: "origional and never been replaced"  :unbelievable: You lucky dog, that must be one sweet car!! :banana:

1ownr

Quote from: anlauto on June 10, 2018, 06:50:24 AM
Yes....it's glued over the top "shelf" and wrapped around a bit so when the seat is in place nothing is open. :alan2cents:

here it is on a cuda

judy

BIGSHCLUNK

:iagree:   NIKKI looks about the same.... (70 Chally)

Rich G.

Good pic. Time to take the seat out! Thanks for the info