Main Menu

Convertible windshield reveal moulding to header moulding

Started by ZippyZoo, June 05, 2024, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ZippyZoo

Help!
I have polished (thanks Cody for the videos) all of the stainless trim moldings that surround the convertible windshield frame - 1971 Challenger vert.  I have fastened the mouldings to the factory holes and re-installed the original factory trim clips in the factory holes. These are the same depth as a new set of clips I bought from Detroit Muscle Technologies.
When I install the reveal moulding that goes over the windshield on the clips, it sits FLUSH with the A-pillar mouldings but sits about an 1/8+ inch BELOW the moulding that goes across the top of the windshield frame.
I have attached a picture of this area before I disassembled the car for restoration.  It is a bit hard to see, but it does appear that the windshield trim DOES sit below the top moulding.  In order to make it flush, I would need longer reveal moulding clips or drill the mounting holes higher in the frame. I can try to take better pictures of the current installation tomorrow.

Is it correct for the reveal moulding to sit flush with the A-pillars but below the windshield top moulding or should the reveal moulding sit flush with the windshield top moulding?  Are all of the reveal trim clips the same depth?
Anybody have pictures of their convertible windshield trim in this area?  Flush or not flush?

Thanks for your expertise.
Bill

ZippyZoo

Just thinking.......
Does the convertible top seal have a rounded edge that hangs down, sealing the front of the windshield trim in this area?  I'm thinking it does - but the car's been off the road without a top for nine years, and the memory is getting fuzzy.................
I'm planning to reinstall the reveal clips and moulding today using the factory clips and locations.  I'll update then with pics.
Thanks...........Bill