Main Menu

Correct street Hemi Orange engine paint shade?

Started by Cuda Cody, August 23, 2017, 09:47:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

here are some 1959 Chevy 6s, 283s & 348s before installation  8) look pretty shiny to me! (including complete coverage of exhaust manifolds)
:alan2cents: I'm sure processes at Chrysler were NOT significantly different

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 27, 2017, 08:55:09 PM
here are some 1959 Chevy 6s, 283s & 348s before installation  8) look pretty shiny to me! (including complete coverage of exhaust manifolds)
:alan2cents: I'm sure processes at Chrysler were NOT significantly different

Hey, that might be my 59 283 there !
Is there a website that has more photos like that ?

6bblgt

There were 40+ pics from the LIFE magazine archives on-line a couple of years ago

not the original site, but found this with a quick search: http://www.xframechevy.com/tarrytown-ny-assembly-plant-1959-chevrolet/

Tunis

That are some great photos!

@Cuda Cody Put me down for a complete kit to do a Hemi.  :waving:

Tunis

@Cuda Cody What happened to this excellent product? Is it complete and ready to be ordered and if not when do you think it will be available for the public? I know I want some.. :)

Per

fc7cuda

MoparDave

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 25, 2017, 03:51:54 PM
We can certainly find out what it will take to ship it to Canada.   :yes:  There's got to be one way or another to get it to you.

I'm going to pick up some more original sample 6 pack lids and 340 valve covers from a buddy that has a huge collection of original stuff.  More original samples and more testing next week.  Hope to have an update after that on the exact results and then start doing some full engine painting tests.

Quote from: anlauto on August 25, 2017, 11:28:46 AM
Wonder if you could mail the spray bombs across the border without any hassle ?

we ship aerosol cans ground usps and ups. double bagged plain box. or a box with ORMD DOT label.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

:)  I think the formula is complete, but I have not found an engine to test it on and that has been the hold up.  I posted on the facebook page asking for anyone local that would like to have their engine painted for free, but it looks like I'll have to wait until I build my next engine to test the paint.  Sorry for the delay.  I want it to be right and be the best product on the market before I start making it for us. 

Maybe I should let someone else test paint their engine?

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 26, 2017, 08:00:07 AM
:)  I think the formula is complete, but I have not found an engine to test it on and that has been the hold up.  I posted on the facebook page asking for anyone local that would like to have their engine painted for free, but it looks like I'll have to wait until I build my next engine to test the paint.  Sorry for the delay.  I want it to be right and be the best product on the market before I start making it for us. 

Maybe I should let someone else test paint their engine?
@Cuda Cody
Cody, what ever happened with this?