Main Menu

Cowl Question

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 21, 2018, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I forwarded that diagram to the guy restoring the 70 FY1 340 Cuda Convt. that got shortened up by a ditch. No word back from him, I bet it will take him a while to match those #'s.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 23, 2018, 07:07:45 PM
Ha, ha: I forwarded that diagram to the guy restoring the 70 FY1 340 Cuda Convt. that got shortened up by a ditch. No word back from him, I bet it will take him a while to match those #'s.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2018, 07:39:06 PM

Ouch!   :rubeyes:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: We sold him a buttload of sheetmetal for it. I'm glad it will be repaired.
Sheldon

rhamson

I guarantee the frame is bent. I ran into a very similar problem. Good luck getting a frame shop that will even take the car on. I had to fix it myself.  :('

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 23, 2018, 08:07:24 PM
Yes: We sold him a buttload of sheetmetal for it. I'm glad it will be repaired.

At one point, someone reached out to me about restoring it, that's where I got the pictures. Then they were on the fence and maybe were going to try and sell it as is.....I would have liked to buy it at the time.
I'm glad to see it getting restored too.....I hope they put frame connectors and a Hellcat Hemi in it :burnout:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

.....I hope they put frame connectors and a Hellcat Hemi in it :burnout:
[/quote]         YA And some modern wheels & tire's while there at it as well!!!  :barf:

340challconvert

Just as a point of reference; aren't the Challenger and Cuda frame specs different?
I think there is a separate chart showing the Cuda frame specs, and some of the reference points were different from 1970 to the later 1971-1974 cars. Never did a comparison though.
Is this correct?
:thinking:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2018, 07:39:06 PM
Wow.  Did the owner ever decide to fix the Cuda vert?
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

The owner isn't repairing it a shop is. I think the car has been sold a few times since the incident. I don't think it helps that it wasn't restored correctly the first time.
Sheldon