Main Menu

Cuda Top Door Trim

Started by Rich G., February 04, 2019, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Any use the top doors and quarter trim for a Cuda from PG Classic. They said they manufacture their own parts and I was wondering if they actually snap on and fit. Or who makes good ones. There're also on Classic Industries site from OER ( coming soon ) but never seams to happen from them.

cudaize

I bought some from Metro Parts about 6 years ago and was very happy with them.  The only real issue I ran into was that for some reason I had to slide the clip with the stud which goes at the back of the door in from the front of the moulding.  I can't remember exactly why, either no slot at the back or it wasn't large enough.  If you're going for true OEM, about the only difference I could possibly see is that the Metro moulding has a little more defined shape at the front where it meets the pillar than some OEM's I have seen.  Since I have a convertible I only used the door pieces and can't comment on the pieces for the quarters.

I'm not sure if Metro is still making them or not and who might be selling them.  I got these about 6 years ago at Carlisle in July and supposedly Metro had just sold the retail end of their business to focus on of all things on selling skateboards.  What the gentleman at the booth told me was that they were still doing the manufacturing for whoever bought the retail, I can't remember who, and that they would still be coming to the shows for a couple years to get rid of their excess inventory they had before the sale.  I have no idea what happened from there.