Main Menu

dallas area - decal installer

Started by davidhilldallas, June 04, 2018, 11:49:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Any guess what the cost would be for the installation anyone?  Just curious.

Welcome to ebodies.org.  Thanks for signing up!

davidhilldallas

no clue on cost. will post if i come across soneone that
can do it..

davidhilldallas

I did find a local shop that does restoration work and says they can do the side strip change and louver installation.. for future reference to others..

http://www.wilsonauto.com/

fc7cuda

RUNCHARGER

I'm guessing 1 hour for the decal installation?
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 05, 2018, 07:07:46 PM
I'm guessing 1 hour for the decal installation?

I'm betting a lot more than that....   Especially if you add decal removal. buff the paint, spend time prepositioning stripes & making reference marks so it  goes in the right location.. Nothing worse than applying stripes without doing the pre-work & finding they are to high to to low, they angle rather than follow the body line..... I've seen allot of poorly installed stripes...   I've also seen a car where the door sagged so bad they laid the stripe below the body line on the quarter but over the body line on the door because from ten feet you would see the stripe mis-match when it was on the door properly..... If the hinges are toast fix them before applying stripes... :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I was assuming the car would be ready and the installer could just hit it. When you're not scared of them they go on pretty fast. I've done a ton of decaling (usually 30"by 48" that I did by myself).
Sheldon