Main Menu

Detail gun vs full size

Started by 06Daytona, August 08, 2019, 07:47:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

06Daytona

I'm sick of seeing my Cuda in primer in the garage and decided it's time to get some color on it. I'll be spending a few weeks smoothing it our and doing all the primer layers, but when it comes time to put on the color should I use a smaller detail gun for the jambs and engine bay or just use my full size hvlp gun? My other, and probably best option is to pull the car apart and do the shell all at once with the fenders etc hanging but I'm working with limited space.

Cuda Cody

You can do it all with your normal gun.  What color and paint are you using?

06Daytona

Cuda is going to be sassy grass with billboards, shaker and go wing with painted grille and the challenger is eventually going back to sublime with a white painted roof. As for what paint I'm going to use I have no idea yet. I was really happy with deltron acrylic urethane that I used a lot of years ago but I'm sure technology has improved since then

RUNCHARGER

Other than filling it up all the time I really prefer the detail gun for those areas. Just because of the size of it and the ease to get into all the weird angles as well as less overspray. I guess it's all what you're comfortable with.
Sheldon

Marty

I've always used a full-sized gun with no issues in those areas.

Mopar5

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 08, 2019, 06:56:24 PM
Other than filling it up all the time I really prefer the detail gun for those areas. Just because of the size of it and the ease to get into all the weird angles as well as less overspray. I guess it's all what you're comfortable with.
I agree I like a smaller gun for certain situations .My favorite detail gun is The Devillbis SRI  PRO it sprays awesome . Mike

JS29

Sata mini-jet! sprays a pattern like no other, fits in tight spots.  :alan2cents: