Main Menu

Difference between F7 and F8 green

Started by GrandpaKevin, February 03, 2018, 06:05:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

The wife's 1971 R/T Challenger was originally painted F7 green but I hear a lot more opinions(both good and bad) about F8 green.

I like the darker green colors but I don't hear or see a lot of info about F7, is there a big difference between F7 and F8?
How rare is the F7 color?

Thanks.

MoparDave

my 71 Cuda is F7 color,F7 int,F7 top and my 73 Challenger is F8 color,F8 interior

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

GrandpaKevin

The wife's car appears to have been triple F7 green also.

That's a lot of green.

RUNCHARGER

It's fairly different for sure. F8 is darker and "deeper" IMO.
Sheldon

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 03, 2018, 08:00:30 AM
It's fairly different for sure. F8 is darker and "deeper" IMO.

In trying to find pictures of cars painted F7, the color does appear lighter in most pictures depending on the lighting.

I'm assuming F7 was the darkest green available in 1971?

Any ideas if a lot of E-bodies were painted this color?

RUNCHARGER

I think quite a few were built. I have an old book on Challengers and Cudas from about 2000 or so and it seems to me there is an F7 340 Cuda in there that gives a real good impression of the colour. The same book might even have shots of an F8 Hemi Cuda as well.
Sheldon

750-h2

While F8 and F7 cars are not rare, triple green ones are.  :bigthumb: Has anyone ever tried to buy a new wide seam green vinyl top? After waiting over 20 years hoping they would be reproduced I finally gave up and had one custom made. Same with green interior panels, just not available.

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: 750-h2 on February 03, 2018, 01:37:48 PM
While F8 and F7 cars are not rare, triple green ones are.  :bigthumb: Has anyone ever tried to buy a new wide seam green vinyl top? After waiting over 20 years hoping they would be reproduced I finally gave up and had one custom made. Same with green interior panels, just not available.

Unfortunately when the car was restored back in the late 80's all the green interior panels were dyed black including the mint dash pad, you can still see a green tint if you look at it at just the right angle.
The back of the glove box door is the only thing still the original green....

1 Wild R/T

Back then there was little love for the greens, It's better today but still many don't care for it... I've always loved F8 when it's fresh.... But I know how it looks when its dead so I understand why people don't care for it.....

Chryco Psycho

TO me Green cars are just overkill , Almost any other color even if the interior & exterior are the same color do not have  matching carpet , steering wheel & column , & console etc , green cars have green overkill with everything green , Why ???  :notsure:
I prefer F8 Cars with black interior for example

750-h2

Its not just a Green thing.

Chryco Psycho

Agreed  :bigthumb:
But it is far less common with blue red or tan cars

GrandpaKevin

Gotta love the groovy 70's

I have to admit the interior color schemes of todays cars are rather bland compared to the classic cars of yesterday. :clapping:

RUNCHARGER

Now that's the thing! I see another grey interior, I'm going to hurl.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

I just love all those color interiors.  If I had it my way I wouldn't buy another black interior car ever.  They're all black.

Nice chally!  Triple f7 is awesome! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee