Main Menu

DODGE hood letters/hood emblem measurements

Started by Yeya93, October 13, 2020, 09:51:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

I have tried searching this topic, but I haven't found any concrete information on this. I have an AMD rallye hood for my 70 challenger, which doesn't have the holes for the hood letters and hood emblem pre drilled. Does anyone out there know the measurements of the holes for the DODGE hood letters and hood emblems?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

GoMangoBoys

I currently have our original 70 hood with no letters installed.  I could try to make a template that has all the hole locations.  Let me see what I can do later today.

Yeya93

@GoMangoBoys

I would really appreciate it if you could do that for me!

GoMangoBoys

The template will go in the mail on Monday. The back edge of the template is 7"from the front edge of the hood.  The template has a slit on the center that overlaps to allow for the curvature of the hood.  Unfortunately,  one hole falls right at that seem, so be careful there.

anlauto

You should take a clear shot of the hood, label the picture with all the measurements of the ten holes for a future reference picture  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yeya93

Thanks again @GoMangoBoys !

jt4406

I'm sure the template is the best idea, but here are the measurements from my original hood and NOS letters, maybe will help you locate your template?
jess

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1787478/re-looking-for-dodge-letters-placement-on-chally-hood.html#Post1787478
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

Rdchallenger

I know this is an old thread but would you be willing to make another template or @Yeya93 if you're done with it, mind sending it my way?

Yeya93

@Rdchallenger I thought i had put it away somewhere, but i think i ended up throwing it away. I can create another one for you if you'd like. i spent a day trying to perfect the letters and i think i got it down. Lemme know.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yeya93

Clearer pictures i hope. @Rdchallenger

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Yeya93 on May 07, 2021, 03:24:10 PM
Clearer pictures i hope. @Rdchallenger

Man, that would be great if you would I'd be so grateful! I can't believe people on eBay want 25 dollars for one.

Yeya93

@Rdchallenger lol i know. I really didn't wanna spend the $25 plus shipping on something i was gonna throw away right after. Feels like a waste of money. I will make one tomorrow when i head over to the shop. PM me your address

Julio

MoparCarGuy

For those who search and find this thread, here are the placement measurements.