Main Menu

Door hinge Q.

Started by Manuel, April 23, 2021, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

Hi,

My 1971 Cuda was recently painted.

When Opening the left door I did not feel that light spring resistance at the end of the open position.
Turns out the a part was missing.  Compare pictures. 
Also notice that the bracket seems to be upside down since the right door braket has two round gears on top and the left has them at the bottom. 
Is this so?
Looks like the rod part was lost.  What kind of rod do I have to purchase to have one made?
What is the name for that part?
Were could I try buying one?

Manuel

Here the right door with the rod part in place.

Manuel

Don' t know why the pics rotate 90 degrees left when attaching them.

Sorry

JS29

@MoparLeo  Is the hing guy, If anyone would know it would be him.  :alan2cents: :alan2cents:

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on April 23, 2021, 12:46:18 PM
@MoparLeo  Is the hing guy, If anyone would know it would be him.  :alan2cents: :alan2cents:
:iagree:
Everything hinges on Leo.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

The "round gears" are correct being opposite like that, but yes, you are missing a part.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Manuel

Thanks for the info Gents.

I did send a msg to Leo reuesting him to see this post.

Rgds.

MoparLeo

The door spring is missing. Check to make sure that the door check rollers are not stuck. That is often the cause of the springs breaking and falling off.
Should really have then rebuilt to like new. You will not regret it if you do. You might regret it if you don't.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Manuel

Thx for the Info.

If anyone knows were to buy one pls inform.

MoparLeo

Me.  The pictures are from my Ebay add.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Manuel

I will email you.   Thx Leo.