Main Menu

Drip Rail Molding Seals

Started by edison1970, May 25, 2018, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

Looking for some feed back on how good the Metro Seals fit.  I bought a new set for my 72 Cuda and the fitment is too loose.  My original passenger side is perfect but the drivers side split so I had to get these.  Not very happy with them.

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I put a few sets of Challenger ones in a few years ago and thought they were pretty darn good.
Sheldon

edison1970

Did you have to use adhesive in the track to hold it in place?  It looks like I will if I end up using them.  It's almost like they are too soft.  The factory ones fit snug.

AAR#2

Factory used a bead of sealant as well

RUNCHARGER

On my Challengers they pushed in snug, no adhesive required.
Sheldon

Rich G.

I had an issue with my 71 Cuda . The 70 weather strip fit better for some reason. No adhesive needed. For some reason every car I do no matter what brand of car I always have a problem with weatherstrip!

edison1970

Just to give you all an idea of the difference in the Metro roof rail seals compared to factory originals on a 72.  As you can see by the picture, the reason is obvious why it doesn't want to stay in the channel.  Don't get me wrong, I can make it work but I would still like it to fit better because if I have to make an adjustment to move the channel after it is glued in, it will probably get torn up pulling it back out.  If anyone has a decent factory drivers side that they want to sell, let me know.

anlauto

Are your new seals correct for the year? I believe they sell two styles for the different years :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

edison1970

This is the package it came in. Says 71-74.