Main Menu

Drip rail mouldings

Started by soundcontrol, March 17, 2018, 08:45:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

I bought those from a friend, for my 73 project. Supposed to be Challenger drip rail mouldings. First picture kinda matches what I find on YearOne for the set, but in my picture the 2 pieces are just attached to each other. But I also got the 2 in the second picture, what is that and where do they go? (My friend didn't know either). I don't have access to the car right now so I can try to fit them, (its snowed in, i another friends garage).

A.Gramz

The bottom picture looks like your missing the other half.  There is three pieces to each side

anlauto

The top picture is of Challenger weather-strip channels.

The bottom picture is of 2 pieces of the drip rail moldings, as stated, you're missing the two front half pieces of the drip rail moldings.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Aha. I can for the life of me not visualize how these are monunted now, but I will test them as soon as the damn snow melts and I can get to the car. I will look for the other pieces then. Thanks guys.

Claudia

If I recall correctly . . . it has been awhile since I did mine):

1) You install the drip rail molding seals first. (I installed my seals on the back sides of my trim while it was off of the car)
2) Next, you install the drip rail moldings themselves. (trim that wraps around the metal roof edge . . . same trim that you just put the seals on)
3) Next, you install the weatherstrip channel seals to the top side of the weatherstrip channels. (again, I installed my seals on the trim while it was off of the car)
4) Next, you install the weatherstrip channels directly over the drip rail moldings.
5) Lastly, install the soft window weatherstripping into the weatherstrip channels.

If I am incorrect or missed something, I'm sure someone here can confirm.