Main Menu

Elastomeric Bumpers to Chrome Bumpers?

Started by 72and86, June 16, 2020, 10:44:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72and86

My FE5 Elastomeric Bumpers are in terrible (paint) condition. What are your feelings on replacing them with AMD chrome, front and back? Is it a direct bolt on swap replacement?
Could I, should I?
Either way they're coming off for paint of replacement. Any directions to do this?

Thanks Steve

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

Car-nutt

I have both bumpers on my 71 Cuda, both front and back. They fix perfect

Car-nutt

Sorry, fit perfect. A lot of people comment on how nice they fit.

anlauto

Is your car an original A22 Elastomeric bumper car ? If so, take them off, have them repainted and put them back on...Or sell them and buy three sets of AMD chrome ones. For arguments sake, the Keystone chrome bumpers are nicer then the AMD ones...contact Roseville Moparts. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

They have materials today that are more than capable of a permanent repair.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

cudamadd

I would put them back on or sell them to me LOL  The front rubber bars look awsome and if your car came  with that beautiful option then they should go back on  :australia: :burnout:

72and86

cudamadd

About four weeks back  for the first time I had seen an ebody cuda with the A21  front bummer option .it was a Fc7 black vinyl roof and white trim V code car.  The front bar looked very nice  . Lots of cuda/challengers hear in oz but not many with that option  :australia: