Main Menu

Fiberglass front fenders?

Started by chryslers4ever, March 15, 2019, 10:52:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chryslers4ever

Does any company produce street (thicker) fiberglass fenders not the race versions for 72-74 Challengers?

chryslers4ever

RUNCHARGER

They were available decades ago for sure, lots of cars had them in rust country. I haven't seen new ones in years though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yea...several people trying to dump Cuda ones on KiJiJi all the time, haven't seen Challenger ones lately. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

I owned a 1974 Challenger that had them, why on earth do you want them?

They were so wavy they needed a ton of work to get right, they expand and contract while parked in the sun. Total garbage. Hated them every time I looked at them. I originally thought that I liked the weight savings. It made not 2 cents of difference.
Someday I will have a J0b.

dodj

My front fenders are fibreglass. Yes they take a ton of work to get them straight, but few people notice that they are fibreglass on my car. Could be because they are white?
I bought them back in the '80's when there was no other choice. I think with the availability of decent sheetmetal, the market for street fibreglass declined.
I'm happy with my fibreglass fenders, but I'd be happier with metal. Not happier enough to pay over $1000 for new fenders and repainting my car though.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dave73

There is an entire fiberglass 70 front clip for sale on my local Craigslist for $500