Main Menu

RH front frame rail, torsion bar crossmember - companies to avoid?

Started by FSHTAIL, October 17, 2022, 12:29:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Hi there!   

I hope everybody's day is going well, I figured I would pull on the collectives ear and see what people have thought about different manufacturers of frame rails and torsion bar cross members. 

I looked around for a while and didn't see anything that really said yay or nay for certain brands, just that all brands seem to need some kind of slight tweaks to make fit. 

Is there a go-to company for these sorts of parts?
Companies to completely avoid?

I was also thinking of going with that US Car tools kit, I like the look of their subframe connectors and front lower radiator brace. 
Unless there's someone else to consider?

There's also a section on my fender just behind the headlight that is starting to rot out, is there somebody that sells just that piece? I don't even know what it's called but I've been looking and looking and have not found a picture of what I'm looking for, the headlight aiming hardware seems to attach to this area and there is a little clearance area for the back of the connector. 

I'm thinking about after I replace this, having it hit with a bed liner for sound deadening and protection, unless there's some kind of wheel well liner that's supposed to go in this thing, I didn't really see any provisions for one so I assume it probably never had them other than the little rubber splash guard that goes on the inner fender and covers the little section above the frame rail. 

This is the beginning of stacking parts for the winter project

Thanks a bunch.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

FSHTAIL

My post is the only post that comes up when your search "subframe connectors"    :dunno:   

Bullitt-

Quote from: FSHTAIL on October 17, 2022, 07:22:11 PM
My post is the only post that comes up when your search "subframe connectors"    :dunno:   

Try searching Sub-frame connector   https://forum.e-bodies.org/search2/
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

FSHTAIL

Rich G.

I used AMD frame rails and crossmember on my Cuda and had no problems.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: Rich G. on October 18, 2022, 02:38:32 PM
I used AMD frame rails and crossmember on my Cuda and had no problems.

Good to know, thanks for the guidance     :bigthumb:

B5fourspeed