Main Menu

Front bumper to close?

Started by nsmall, April 01, 2018, 07:02:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I tucked in my 73 Cuda bumper by slotting the factory holes on my front bumper brackets.

Question, do these cars twist enough to where the front fender could potentially RUB the bumper as I tucked it in tight?

I have subframe connectors and the bumper is on tight and the front bumper brackets are on tight.  There is zero slop.

Thanks in advance.  I'm going to finally share pics of my nearly finished car this week. :bradsthumb:  Thanks for all your help everyone. :grouphug:

Brads70

Maybe use some washers or alignment shims and see if that gives you some more wiggle room?

nsmall

I'm very happy with the tucked in look.  It looks great in my opinion.

I'm just concerned it could potentially RUB the front of the fender as I have no knowledge of the amount of twist a Cuda could have.

Thanks

RUNCHARGER

It looks like you should be okay as long as you don't bump anything. It is pretty close all right but they look good that way.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Thanks guys. Runcharger, I do hereby promise my best to not run into anything.

rhamson

I keep mine in the stock position. The bumper is a sacrificial piece of metal to protect the sheet metal. A show car is different.