Main Menu

Front bumperette differences

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, February 19, 2019, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: bc3j on February 20, 2019, 06:41:35 PM
Quick question. My car has the front guards with cushions, but solid chrome rear guards without cushions. I have no idea how they got installed. I have no build sheet as it's an LA build car. I have bought the cushions and they came with pre-installed studs. It looks like I have to drill holes in the rear guards to install them. Is that correct?

I would agree. My front ones have holes for these studs and I would guess the rear is the same. Unfortunately the rear end of my car was destroyed so a lot of stuff including the rear bumper went to the scrap guy or I'd check for you.

6bblgt

yes, that's correct the cushions have studs & the bumperettes that had them have holes (or drilled to accept them, paint the bare metal if you drill holes)

@bc3j  which end of you car looks to have had more work in the past: Front or Rear?

70 Challenger Lover

It was just a rusty mess when I got it. The front bumper was twisted a bit ruining one of the front bumperettes so it ran into something. On the back, it was crushed in a bit more but the trunk had so much rust that I can't help but wonder if the damage would have been less if the metal was sound.

The whole front end is perfect now. I was working on the back but got distracted. This summer I'll get back on it and have a complete rolling car ready for paint.