Main Menu

Front elastomeric bumper pictures?

Started by FSHTAIL, February 11, 2018, 05:30:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

I'm looking for a few front elastomeric bumper pictures where it meets the front fenders,  preferably the backside of the elastomeric bumper on the outside of the fender Gap

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

FSHTAIL

If anyone has an elastomeric front car, could you snap a picture from the angle the arrow is pointing from?

Just trying to see how these sit. 

Thank you

mopar jack

hope the pic helps. When you get everything one color you won't see a lot of gaps.

mopar jack

FSHTAIL

So there's no gap along the side edge

anlauto

Installing your lower front valance will push out the fenders and close the gap some. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Like Alan said the valance will spread the fenders some. But one issue I see that will help is the adjustment on RF fender. It needs pulled out at the bottom and that will spread out the fenders and tighten up the gap you are referring to. First pic is the area of concern. Make the fender level with header panel. See second pic of my car and notice how straight the fender tops are with the header. Something to watch for while doing this. When you pull the fender out at the front bottom it wants to open the door gap. Third pic is the bolts that you loosen to adjust the area I'm talking about. I will tell even after fitting everything prior to painting I spent pretty much a whole day getting the bumper to fit the way I liked after painting. Ended up tweaking the brackets quite a bit. One adjustment here effects something over there. Just takes time and patients.

FSHTAIL

Thanks Shane. 

I only saw the bumper hung without the lower valance.     I thought it looked funny from the backside where the bumper meets the fender on the bottom.